Cutting, Cutting and more CUTTING!

OUCH!  My back is on fire!  Standing at the cutting board (which is the correct height for me) is killing my back.  I have 4 more blocks to cut and then I can sit an sew for a while.

Here is what I have done so far today:
1. Finished putting month 2 & 3 instructions in the 'notebook'.
2. Pulled a few more fat quarters, pressed and got them hung with the ones that were running low.
3. Pulled all of the fabrics for the blocks for classes 2 & 3.  Did a good job keeping the blocks random fabrics.  Only had 3 that I had to use twice in the 1st 30 blocks.
4. Cut, cut, changed the blade in my rotary cutter, cut, cut cut.
 (The pages on the left have all of the cut fabric for the blocks and the ones on the right are to be cut).

Learned that, although I have been quilting for more than 30 years, my measuring skills were week.  Not any more!  1/2 and 3/4 are easy, but these blocks are 3/8, 7/8 and 11/16!  16th, really?  that is like 4 threads... BUT I cut it as the instruction say.

Click on the picture for a close-up of the red line.  That is a 16th of an inch mark, seriously, 4 threads!



If you are like me, I can not concentrate with the TV on.  Either it is just babble that is distracting or there is really something on and I start to watch and get distracted.  I did a search for FREE radio stations on the internet and came up with Live 365.  Totally FREE.  You can subscribe to get rid of the commercials, but the commercials that come on are so minor, why bother.  Up to 30 minutes of uninterrupted
music.  I like classical, and there is a channel that is 100% Mozart!  Put it on low in the background and it is just enough to make the time pass.

So enough for this break, back to the cutting board....